Wednesday, November 5, 2008

TRIBUTE TO THE MCCAIN FAMILY from Jeff

Dear McCain family:

First, Senator McCain you are one of my heroes. I have always wanted to meet you, sir, and to shake your hand and tell you thank you for your service to this country. My father is a retired Navy man and you remind me of him in some ways. Thank you for everything that you have done and continue to do in service to this nation. Second, I want to tell you that I really enjoyed being a part of this campaign. I regret that I was unable to celebrate tonight along with everyone else, but I'm very proud of you for the way your campaign was conducted with so much class and dignity. The next four years of this country aren't going to be easy for us Republicans, but when I think of what your family has went through it pales in comparison.

Senator, I almost died when I was 6 years old of complications from spinal meningitis. I was in a coma for a week and thank God I came out of it, but because of the high fever I sustained I suffer from mild hearing loss in my left ear and a condition known as hip dysplasia. However, nothing I went through or experienced could ever possibly come close to what you had to endure and the fact that you stayed with your men and refused to come home...it is truly inspiring and humbling. We need more people like you, Senator McCain.

I don't know what you have planned for the next four years. But wherever you go and whatever you do, you'll always have a friend and a footsoldier in the McCain Revolution in me. I know this isn't the night you expected, but take a good look around you. There are so many people on this website who are here because of you. There are so many people here who are better people like me because of you. You and your family have had a profound effect on our lives and I just want to say thank you and God bless you and America.

Sincerely,
Jeff Mills

No comments: